AcousticGuitarTalk.com Martin Guitars 
Go Back   AcousticGuitarTalk.com > Acoustic Guitar Talk > Acoustic Guitars
LIKE MartinBoard on Facebook FOLLOW MartinBoard on Twitter

Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
bscenefilms

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLucifer View Post
Let's start a band called the OLD GUMMERS? Eh?
My band is called Fossil Rock - For obvious reasons

Good to hear you are cooking with gas now, Spirit!
bscenefilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
steve evans

Spiritshooter: please see my post "intimate review of new HD28." Your way and my way seem to be similar.
Steve Evans
steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #33
steve evans

Spiritshooter: yes you can. see my post "intimate review of new HD 28."
steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #34
StLucifer

Buddy, any song you want to learn can be found on the internet. They'll show you in music and tab forms. I go through my list of CD's I have in i-tunes, I can learn to play, depending on the difficulty of the song. Like SRV's "Lenny". I absolutely could not learn that in one day, but many other songs are relatively easy to play. Giver man.
StLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #35
muddog

Default Keep pickin'!

I also started playing when I was 14/15 years old. Some friends and I started a rock band at about the time the Stones came on the scene and we played an awful lot of Stones music....among others. After I graduated I went into the Army and wound up in Vietnam. In my early 40's I put my guitar down to become a workaholic and didn't play again until just about 6 years ago. I thought I would just pick it up and be as awesome as I was in my 20's and 30's....NOT. It's coming back for me and I'm not saying my playing stinks...my fingers just don't move like they did years ago. The most important thing right now for you and I both is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and then PRACTICE some more! I have a D16M from 1988 and I would never part with it also I have a D15E. In the next 2-3 weeks I will be picking up either a DC Aura or the DC28-E.
Good luck to you and that was an awesome choice on the guitar.
muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
stephenm

I'm 65 never played guitar before but decided I would love to play (strum) I bought a seagull s-6 about 7 months ago but it was not comfortable so I bought a Eastman E10OM really nice. I really wanted to own a Martin so I just bought a OM-21 last week. At this point I'm only up to 4 open chord songs, but loving it
stephenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #37
cistec

Default Desire like dreams make life worth living.

I am 2 years younger than you spritshooter but know just how you feel.. must be the reliving our youth again.. Well my kids are all grown up and
gone! now I can save some money now, well I played a little back in England nearly 38 years ago but what with girlfriends and marrige and kids and sport and work, my cheap little guitar got left behind and lost but 2 years ago I saw and old magazine from the early 70's with hippies and all that stuff but I noticed 2 guitars in that mag which hit me like you would not believe and all them young feelings came rushing back big time...

As a kid and used to go to the music shop just to touch them but I think the cost was in the region of $250+ back then and that was wayyyyyyy to expensive for my mom or dad to pay so I sort of lost interest I never forgot them. The guitars I recall was a Martin D 35 or 42? but I never forgot the Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty. I have since become a avid collector of guitars and I am learning to play. My fingers are not as agile as they used to be but with a Martin you just want to play no matter how good you are it still sounds sweet even when you make a mistake. I now have a collection of 30+ guitars but only play about 5 of them but I always leave my 1967 Brazillian D35 D-42 and 1968 Black Beauty Vintage close at hand. So yes old folk have still got a tune in them.
cistec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
Brewer

Good for you!

I took many years off from playing music while my kids grew up. So glad I had that time with them. Started playing again in '99 and have been busy with music ever since. I play better now than at any time in my life, but will never play as well as I want to play. Guitar is a difficult instrument to master, and I doubt I will come close to doing this, but I guess I play well enough to have fun making music.

I know if you pick it up every day and play for an hour, you will progress. And what could be more fun?

Almost everything you need to know about life is on the Internet; everything else you can find in a Yes song.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote