AcousticGuitarTalk.com Martin Guitars 
Go Back   AcousticGuitarTalk.com > Acoustic Guitar Talk > Acoustic Guitars
LIKE MartinBoard on Facebook FOLLOW MartinBoard on Twitter

Old 12-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
BobKinSTL

Default Martin GPCPA4

Background - I am a solo guitar player and singer playing around town on weekends; wineries, restaurants, winebars, etc. My main gigging guitar for years has been a Taylor 514ce and I use the Bose L1 Compact and Bose L1 Model S, (depending on venue size) both the with the T1 Audio Engine. I am seriously considering getting the Martin GPCPA4 with Fishman F1 Analog pickup. I'm not happy with the 4-position phase switch which you cycle through by pushing the tone knob. Even though the point is to use the setting that sounds best (and eliminate any feedback issues) I don't know how Fishman/Martin can design a 4 position switch without an indicator to tell you what position you are on and I find this a bit cumbersome. That, coupled with the fact that the tone knob goes from flat EQ (counterclockwise) to "mid-scoop" clockwise gives a huge range of sound options. SO....anyone have one and what is your opinion and any tips. Would be nice to know what setting I was on when experimenting. Anyone else find this "less than straighforward"? Thanks.
BobKinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishman f1 analog, gpcpa4, martin